Ocean Waste Plastic Certified
Up to 8 Million tons of plastic enter our oceans every year
By year 2050 there will be more plastic than fish by weight in the oceans
More than 5 Trillion pieces of plastic currently litter the oceans (150 tons)
More than 95% of all plastic packaging is only used once
Ocean Waste Plastic Reduces CO2 Emissions
An indirect benefit of replacing virgin plastic with Ocean Waste plastic is a major reduction in CO2 emissions.
Producing 1,000 grams of OWP reduces CO2 emissions by 56%, compared to producing 1,000 grams of virgin plastic.
- Production of recycled plastic uses 85% less energy and emits 75% fewer greenhouse gases than producing virgin plastic.
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator.
100% Recyclable Cartons
We use 100% recyclable materials to produce Healist cartons and all packing materials. We print with renewable, biodegradable soy ink.
Hemp is a Sustainable Wonder Crop
- Supporting the Environment: Hemp absorbs CO2 while it grows through natural photosynthesis, making it carbon negative from the very start.
- Supporting the Farmer: Hemp grows in a variety of climate and soil types, grows very tightly spaced (decreasing land use), has a fast growing rate (leading to high yields), and needs about half as much water (when compared to cotton) to thrive.
- Supporting Humanity: Hemp offers a more sustainable solution across a variety of uses – textiles and paper production, building materials, plastics, and bio-fuels.